find somethin' on this blog.

12.03.2011

a threaded jotting: mantra.

I made this embroidered jotting from fabric and thread just about this time last year for a fundraiser.
I was approached by an organization for a donation and instead of my usual handbag or baby quilt donation, I chose to frame this little guy. I was pleased to see the bids roll in...

The silent auction was to benefit a wonderful organization called ASK (Advocacy Services for Kids), a local non-profit  that offers support to children with emotional, mood and behavioral issues and their families. A cause which I feel strongly about, especially in my field of study.  
As for my absence, life has thrown me for a few loops and have spent much of my time attempting to straighten things out. I haven't done any crafting or making of any kind in a few months and I am beginning to feel like a fish out of water. I have to remind myself that tomorrow is a new day and that it is a gift indeed! Hope to be back soon...


~Erica